Wang Dang Doodle -> Jack Straw Loser Me And My Uncle -> Mexicali Blues Bird Song Hell In A Bucket -> Keep Your Day Job
China Cat Sunflower -> I Know You Rider I Need A Miracle -> Bertha -> Space -> China Doll -> Drums -> Space -> Saint Stephen -> Throwing Stones -> Touch Of Grey
Encore Johnny B. Goode
- These discs made avaliable to gdlive are identicle in terms of tracking and editing as those seeded on etree but these do have minimal noise reduction. These are the copies I listen to. I believe there is nothing wrong with NR and many of the folks downloading from gdlive don't have the capablities and or time to perform such procedures. So if you are worried about a good listen get these. If you are worried about collectiblity or want to do your own NR and or GE get the etree version. I made several splices to patch cassette flips using the etree audience version of this show and used many different technics to make these splices as transparent as possible. All editing was done using Cool Edit Pro. Patches are found on the following tracks:
- patch: d2t01 0:00.00 -> 0:12.20
- patch: d2t06 3:53.19 -> 4:29.22
- patch: d3t04 2:42.23 -> 4:33.06
- I would like to thank my friend Bob for getting me the etree discs to make the patches and thank Jay Silberman for taking the time to record these wonderful audience tapes. Any questions or commennts feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The breakout of st stephen since 79' has been covered and is Killa, but the dirty bluesy Wang Dang where Jerry goes nuts on the 2nd guitar part is epic & unique.
Also, The Bertha is 1 of my favorites & the jam afterwards!? WOW, just sick and again very unique.
I love Fall 83' one of there peaks imo. That Halloween has an amazing Drums & Jam with Airto Moreira that goes on forever in a good way.
November 20, 2012 Subject:
Though I can appreciate making a cover tune somewhat original, the main riff of Wang Dang Doodle is too sacred to change as much as they did here. I had to skip to set II. Awesome set all around. Besides the St Stephen treat, the highlight for me is the kick ass second set Bertha.
August 19, 2010 Subject:
Just FYI The Stephen in Hartford, CT was AFTER the Stephen at MSG. My old tour buddy caught the Hartford one, I missed out on teh Garden one. So the reviewer below wa corret, this was the foirst stepehen sicne 1.10.79, whiuch was nassau I believe, I need to check my tapes.
In my view the Stephen at Marin Civic was the best played of the 3 '83 versions, but this Garden version was the first so it has that special extra something. Great show overall, the whole Fall '83 tour was great. '83 is a very underrated year, and also the year of mny first shows (Merriweather 6.20 and 21 with the rain and mud then Richmond 10.8).
September 10, 2009 Subject:
I believe they did saint in ct a few nights before so this wasn't the first st in however long but it was alot better. And the throwing stones is still one of my all time favs. Also the china cat was good.
September 9, 2009 Subject:
have you seen that joint?
At about 6:35 of the space, while Jerry's mucking around in the depths of the cosmos, you can hear someone ask, "Have you seen that joint?" To which someone responds, "No, I didn't." This being a soundboard, and the voices being that clear, I'm thinking it must be someone on stage, maybe around the stage mixing board. Kinda funny. I hope they found it in time to get a good load on before the first Stephen in years! Great show, you can tell they're psyched to make a little history. I heard all about it on the west coast that night. Great recording, too.
June 15, 2009 Subject:
St. Stephen returns to live performance (after Drums)since January 10th 1979